Your cooker works hard for you. All of the time. Sometimes It deserves a little care and attention!
Range cookers are complicated and somewhat temperamental. Everyday wear and tear reduces efficiency, and when your oven is not working properly it will cost you time and money.
To keep your cooker safe, happy and in perfect working order you need a qualified specialist. There is no substitute for experience in the business of caring for your cooker, and certainly no room for compromise or corner cutting.
RANGE COOKER SERVICES
I work on most brands and models of range cookers including Alpha, Stanley, Heritage Cookers and Redfyre.
Regular servicing is recommended for all types of range cookers. The cast iron body of your oven is designed to last a lifetime, but there are many parts and internal components requiring attention to avoid rust, seal-leaks and other failures. Early prevention, detection and repair will certainly save you money and stress, as well as ensuring that your oven runs at optimal efficiency. I can also arrange ongoing maintenance plans and will let you know in good time when your next service is due.
I provide a full installation service for Aga Range cookers and other heat storage ovens.
If your trusty oven is looking a bit tired or worn out, you don't need to replace it with an expensive new model. I can make it look like new again without any fuss or inconvenience with a clean and tidy renovation and refurbishment. This service is surprisingly cost effective and all the work is done on site.
Many oven parts are prone to degradation through normal use over time. Most parts can be replaced including towel rails, top plates, lids and doors etc. I can also replace front plate enamels if you just feel like a change of colour!
Moving home and want to take your cooker with you? Or planning a new kitchen? I can dismantle, move and reinstall your cooker with minimum fuss and inconvenience.
An annual service makes sure that your boiler runs safely and efficiently, protects against breakdown and helps you to avoid costly repairs. If you have a new boiler, an annual service may also be a requirement of your warranty. I offer full boiler servicing for most makes and models. Please note that this is not a stand-alone service and is carried out during the same visit for oven servicing.
Aga range cooker INSTALLATION CHECKLISTS
Careful preparation is necessary to make sure that your new Aga range cooker is installed with the least amount of disruption and delay. These checklists are general guides for understanding the process – each installation is different.
1) A prepared level site is necessary – ideally a purpose made concrete plinth (a 50mm/5cm concrete plinth will raise your ranger cooker to 900mm/90cm). Alternatively a plinth kit can be purchased
2) A gas supply is required to the left or right hand side. If it is a power flue or AIMS gas, then a 3 amp electricity supply is required to the left or right hand side.
3) If the cooker is a conventional flue, connecting into an existing chimney, a stainless steel flue liner must be fitted into the existing brick chimney. Alternatively, a purpose made flue can be built if it is an outside wall.
1) A prepared level site is necessary – ideally a purpose made concrete plinth (a 50mm/5cm concrete plinth will raise your Range cooker to 900mm/90cm). Alternatively a plinth kit can be purchased.
2) Oil line to be run left or right hand side of cooker.
3) An external fire valve of 65 degrees Celsius must be fitted to the oil line at the point of entry to the building.
4) If the Aga Range Cooker is being fitted to brick chimney, a 5 inch stainless steel flue liner must be installed. A purpose made chimney can be fitted.
5) All oil Aga Range Cooker require an air vent.
1) A prepared level site is necessary – ideally a purpose made concrete plinth (a 50mm/5cm concrete plinth will raise your Range to 900mm/90cm). Alternatively a plinth kit can be purchased.
2) A 13 amp fuse spur is required to the left or right hand side of the Aga Range Cooker.
3) No flue is required, although a small vent pipe may be necessary depending on the location of the cooker.
Frequently Asked Questions
Oil range cookers – servicing every 6 months is recommended.
Gas range cookers – servicing every 12 months is recommended.
Electric range cookers – servicing every 3–5 years is recommended.
Services for all range cookers types usually last for 1.5–2 hours (depending on the length of previous service intervals).
Please make sure that your oven is cold. Turning it off 24 hours before the service is due is usually sufficient.
FOR GAS AGAS
Gas burners are removed, cleaned and full serviced, including replacement thermocouples
Gas pressures are checked
FOR OIL range cookers
Burners are removed and thoroughly cleaned
New wicks are fitted
The cooker is vacuumed and cleaned internally
All flue ways and flue gaskets are checked
Oil control valves are cleaned and flow rates are checked
FOR ELECTRIC Range Cookers
General maintenance checks for wear and tear
Electric cables and connections are thoroughly checked and tested
Please refer to the checklists below.
No. All home visits and quotes are free, with absolutely no obligation or follow up sales calls.
For your peace of mind, all of my work is guaranteed for 30 days and most of the parts I fit come with a one year warranty.
I use genuine manufacturer approved parts whenever possible for each job.
Yes. An Aga Range Cooker provides constant heat during normal operation, which may be too much in the Summer months! If you do turn off your Range, try applying a light coating of olive oil to the hot plates and castings inside the oven. This is a great way to prevent surface rust forming.